Join Our Team
Malloy & Malloy, P.L. is dedicated to a set of core values:
- Excellent legal work with a focus on pragmatic solutions for Clients
- Personal relationships with Clients that are characterized by cordiality, professionalism, and awareness of each Client’s unique needs
- Reasonable billing practices, including cost-effectiveness and predictability for Clients
- Professionalism in relationships with other attorneys, including opposing counsel, co-counsel, referring attorneys, and in-house counsel
- A positive and respectful work environment for all personnel.
If you consider yourself to be aligned with those values and would like to join Florida’s Oldest IP Law Boutique, please send a resumé, references, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career and Benefits
The Firm is proud of an outstanding track record of long-term retention and advancement opportunities, including many Staff and Attorneys who have been with Malloy & Malloy, P.L. for their entire careers. Several entry level employees have risen to prominent roles as senior Paralegal and Office Administrators. Law Clerks have become Partner Attorneys. Valuing full-time co-workers also extends to generous benefits, including:
- Health insurance paid 85% by the Firm (additional forms of insurance available)
- Profit-sharing Retirement Plan (similar to a 401k but without a mandatory employee contribution)
- 10 paid holidays per year, plus additional bonus days
- Vacation time (increasing significantly with number of years with the Firm)
- Sick leave, Personal days, Parental leave, Family & Medical leave, Military leave
- Occasional work-from-home flexibility
- Merit-based and year-end bonuses
- Annual salary reviews
Attorneys joining Malloy & Malloy, P.L. can expect:
- Client access
- Direct involvement with case management and substantive activity
- Multiple bonus categories to significantly enhance compensation
- Annual budgets for CLE, business development, and membership dues
- Florida Bar dues paid by the Firm
- Mentorship from Partner Attorneys and Senior Associates
Positions in Litigation, Application Prosecution, and Franchise departments; minimum of 2 years of experience required; excellent writing skills required; excellent verbal communication skills for Client communications required; organizational and multi-tasking skills for high-volume environment required; bilingual preferred; bachelor’s degree preferred; prior Intellectual Property experience a plus.
Assistant Office Manager
Positions in Administrative department; excellent accounting/bookkeeping skills required; excellent verbal communication skills for Client communications required; organizational and multi-tasking skills for high-volume environment required; bilingual preferred; bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred; prior law firm experience a plus.
Florida’s Oldest IP Law Boutique
Since 1959, Malloy & Malloy P.L. has focused its practice exclusively on Intellectual Property Law, including Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, International IP, Licensing and Franchising, IP Litigation and related matters. The Firm’s many Board Certified Specialists and Registered Patent Attorneys have served as trusted Intellectual Property counsel to entrepreneurs, small businesses, leading corporations, and research universities in the U.S. and worldwide, across a broad range of industries and technologies.