WEST ENCOUNTERS EAST AIRING ON PBS STATIONS ACROSS THE COUNTRYWritten by Meredith Frank Mendez
West Encounters East, a film by firm client Stella Holmes, a Miami-based art collector and museum trustee, is currently airing on PBS stations across the country. West Encounters East explores the Japanese diaspora to Latin America through the eyes of artists whose work emerges from the Asian-Latin American cultural mix. The film will be airing locally in South Florida on WPBT on May 6, 2013 at 9:00 p.m. and on May 10, 2013 at 10:00 p.m. Click here for WEE air dates and times in your area. The 7-minute Trailer for West Encounters East can be viewed below.
Ms. Mendez earned her bachelor’s degree from the University of Michigan, with honors, and her law degree from the University of Florida, with honors. She is Board Certified as an Expert in Intellectual Property Law and concentrates her practice in Intellectual Property Litigation, Trademark Prosecution, Copyright Law and Entertainment Law. She is a member of the Florida Bar and is licensed to practice in the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida. Ms. Mendez is also Co-Chair of the Attorney's Network of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation and a member of the International Trademark Association, the Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Section of the Florida Bar, and LegalArt.
Latest from Meredith Frank Mendez
- The 11th Circuit Reaffirms its Position that a Copyright Registration is a Precondition to Filing an Infringement Action
- Ban on the Registration of “Disparaging” Trademarks Deemed Unconstitutional by the Federal Circuit
- "Happy Birthday" Song in Public Domain After Settlement
- Bikram Yoga “Sequence” Deemed Not Copyrightable Subject Matter by Ninth Circuit
- Google's Book-Scanning Deemed Fair Use By Second Circuit